Ruston Truck Accident Attorney
The chances of getting into a car accident at least one time in your life is extremely high, especially due to the vast increase of vehicles on the road these days. If an individual gets into a crash, he/she may be lucky enough to escape with only minor injuries – perhaps just a few scrapes and bruises. But the impact of a car crash can range widely from financial issues to emotional or even physical injuries.
trucking accident lawyer in ruston lA
Being a victim of a truck accident is not the same as getting involved with a passenger vehicle. Not only is the severity of these accidents and injuries heightened but the cases are more complicated. It’s not just truck drivers who need to be aware of the dangers presented by the large and unwieldy vehicles but other car drivers need to be equally cautious.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), in the year 2012, 3,802 large trucks were involved in deadly crashes; this was a 5-percent increase from 2011.
Sheer weight and size make a truck accident more dangerous and the resulting injuries can be life-changing.
How Driver Error Leads to Deadly Accidents
Unfortunately, most truck accidents result from error on the part of the truck driver. Here’s a list of some of the most common causes of truck accidents:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers aren’t supposed to drive for long hours but due to stringent deadlines, many do it anyway. Driver fatigue and sleep deprivation are some of the most common causes of commercial truck accidents.
- Speeding and reckless driving: When a commercial truck fails to follow or adhere to traffic laws, it puts other car drivers at risk. Many car accidents are caused due to unsafe lane changes, excessive speed, and trucks following other vehicles too closely.
COMMON CAUSES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- Speeding and reckless driving: A commercial truck that fails to follow stringent traffic laws leads to risk of accident.
- Fatigue: Ideally, truck drivers are not supposed to drive for prolonged periods. Driver fatigue and sleep deprivation are some of the common causes of truck accidents.
- Driving under influence of alcohol: Truck drivers often turn to alcohol to cope with their challenging work. Alcohol brings a sharp dip in the reflexes. This, in turn, can turn out to be dangerous and lead to accidents.
- Cargo issues: There are many instances when cargo is mislabeled, leading to dangerous explosion and spill. In some instances, cargo is loaded improperly causing a rollover accident.
- Records falsification: Despite the rules in place governing truck drivers, there are some who circumvent restrictions by falsifying records and log books.
WINNING COMPENSATION IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT CASE
If you are a victim of a truck accident that was no fault of yours, you might be entitled to damages. Truck accident cases require detailed evaluation of logs and records to prove that the accident was caused due to negligence, lack of experience, or unfamiliarity.
If you’re planning to pursue a lawsuit for your trucking accident injury, it’s always better to hire a specialist attorney. Interpreting rules and regulations require in-depth understanding of state and federal laws.
At the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess, we take pride in our team of skilled and experienced truck accident attorneys. We can assist you with your truck accident injury claim and help you get the compensation you deserve. Apart from availing the services of a truck accident attorney in Ruston, LA, you can also contact us to seek the assistance of a car injury & personal injury. Our experienced trucking accident lawyer in Ruston LA will thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident and create a strong case for maximum compensation.
We’ve been handling complicated truck accident cases for more than two decades now. You can count on us to remain focused on the most important things in the case: the best interests of yourself and your family.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, REACH OUT TO OUR LAWYERS TODAY!
Call our attorneys today for a FREE review of your truck accident case. We work on a contingent basis, which means that our lawyers receive a payment only when we resolve a case successfully and obtain monetary compensation.
Don’t Delay! Your claim may be valid. Let our attorneys help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Don’t Wait to Get Started. Let’s Get Together Now.
You can bank on us to resolve complicated cases with ease and efficiency
Taking Quick Action in a Commercial Trucking Accident is Important
Trucking accidents are not handled in the same way as other car accidents. The claims revolve around proving who is liable for the accident. To claim compensation, it’s important to establish who was at fault and also provide necessary evidence.
In commercial truck accidents, the damages tend to be high because of the severity of injuries in the crashes. In fact, liable parties act promptly to limit their liability by sending teams who can thoroughly investigate the case. If you wish to protect your rights, it’s important to file a claim right away to ensure that evidence is not damaged due to delay.
What Makes a Truck Driver Liable?
- Careless or reckless driving
- Not adhering to safety protocol while transporting hazardous materials
- Failure to thoroughly inspect the vehicle
- Failure to maintain the vehicle at regular intervals
When Are Trucking Companies Liable?
- Hiring unlicensed or untrained drivers for operating the trucks
- Encouraging drivers not to adhere to the strict Hours of Service
- Not disciplining truck drivers
- Allowing trucks to be on road after failing the regular inspection and maintenance checks
- Failing to check drivers for compliance
Truck accident cases are known for being legally complex. This is mainly because trucks operate across state lines and also within individual states. Whenever there is any accident, it’s important to consult both the state and federal laws.
Whenever there are trucking accidents, the state law comes into play. State and federal laws are not identical and may vary depending on the type of cargo or truck. The crux is that determining fault in a trucking accident is not always easy. Having a team of legal representatives on your side is invaluable.
Trucks across state lines are regulated federally. Federal law requires regular registration procedures and safety checks. Following federal regulations need a great deal of documentation. Only an experienced attorney can help you through all the paperwork.
COMMON INJURIES IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT CASE
- Head and Brain Injuries: A head or brain injury may have long-lasting impact on the victim. Head injuries may range from mild and moderate to severe brain injuries. These injuries are likely to be life-altering.
- Burns: Unfortunately, burns are quite common in truck accidents. As trucks are larger, there are greater chances of fuel tanks rupturing and causing disastrous fires. Fire not only destroys the vehicles but it can also lead to painful and disfiguring injuries from which the victims may not recover.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Trucking accidents may injure or damage bones, muscles, or nerves in the spinal cord. This, in turn, may lead to partial, temporary or complete paralysis of the victim. Even if the injuries are not permanent, it may lead to severe pain and require complex rehabilitation to achieve recovery.
- Neck and Back Injuries: The jarring force that affects the passengers and drivers are terribly common in most vehicle accidents. Injuries to the neck and back may also lead to debilitating pain and damage.
Our truck accident attorneys in Ruston, LA at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have more than two decades of experience successfully handling cases. If you’ve been the victim of a trucking injury, we can help you recover damages. Our legal representatives can help you get suitably compensated for your sufferings.